Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My seven week old wont stop crying while im feeding her What do I do?

My daughter has always had problems with gas since birth and her doc said she was extremely colicky and that I should try mylicon drops which helped in the beginning. At first she was on formula and milk and now I finally got her away from formula. she only gets one feeding of formula a day or none at all and the rest milk. She has been drinking from me for a while and all was good or so I thought. She would only feed for 5-7 min on each and get up every hour to eat which I thought was too little time and umed I had low milk supply so I kept at it by drinking more fluids and taking fenugreek and she started to drink I guess faster or something because I would hear large gulps where as before she would hardly do any swallowing. She still feeds for 5-7 min but I feel that she is actually drinking more and looks more content and stays asleep for 2- 3 hours which is good for both of us. And now here's the HUGE problem. After all was well and I finally got her used to my milk she started the worst thing. She will stay completely awake and cry those cries that make her lose her breath and turns all blue and purple and repeats that all day and night. I try to feed her by my and she will suck for a good 2-3 min and then scream her lungs out I ume she doesn't want it then she starts fighting for it again but when I put it back she screams. I try my other breast and she drinks again for 2-3 min and then freaks out arms and legs swinging and the whole nine yards. So then I umed ok if she wont take my milk then she has to eat something so i gave her formula in a bottle and lo and behold she does the same thing to the bottle. She'll drink for a min or two and boom freak out. While shes having her episodes she is farting like no tomorrow and I am giving her mylicon drops but its no use. I finally have to take her swaddle her and give her a paci where I have to force on her by pushing her against my chest and rocking her till she sleeps and its only for a half hour and she starts this whole story all over again. She does this day and night and I haven't slept at all I am going to my doc one last time tomorrow to figure out what im supposed to do. She has also started drooling and she does become quiet with one specific hold where I have to hold under her arms and let the rest of her body loose like shes just hanging except that I cant do this every second and how will I get any sleep doing that? Please tell me if any of you have went thru this I dont think I can take it anymore I feel so bad for her I know shes feeling pain and gas but at the same time I feel like a failure like I couldn't take my daughters troubles away. Did your child ever push herself away from the breast or bottle as if she was in pain? I'm so confused I just dont get it please help

No comments:

Post a Comment